Where is MicroBlogginMom?

Are you looking for MicroBlogginMom? Don't see any recent blog posts below? Trust me, I still have lots to share, just exploring other outlets to share through.

So, if you miss me that much... come find me "microblogging" on Twitter or Tumblr


Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Twilight has "sucked" me in!

What is all the fuss about Twilight?

I became intrigued when several of my mommy girlfriends spent their holidays this past year with maybe 4 hours or less of sleep per night. The sleep deprivation was not even related to any of their kids. Not the newborn who constantly wants to nurse or the toddler who might have woken up from a bad dream.

It was because they would rather read Twilight, than sleep! I could not understand why they would subject themselves to such sleep deprivation. I relish any chance I can get to sleep.

So at the recommendation of several girlfriends, I thought I would go ahead and pick up the novel Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I figure, heck,
I haven't read a fiction novel (especially a good one) since I was probably in high school or college anyway. Sad, I know.

After the first 3 chapters or so, at first I still could not figure out what all the fuss was about. It's just a book about vampires and I'm not even into those types of books. Then halfway through the book, instantly I got sucked in! No pun intended. I could not put it down. I just had to finish it. So, here I was... sleep deprived so that I could finish this amazing novel in 3 nights. My girlfriends were right!

It's now become an obsession and I am almost finished with reading New Moon, book 2 of the Twilight saga.

To top it off, over the weekend I just had to see the movie, Twilight on the big screen, before it was no longer in Theaters.

Didn't think it could happen to me, but yes I now understand the euphoria and I too have suddenly gotten this surge of adrenaline to get through all of the novels that complete the Twilight saga. I'm picking up Eclipse & Breaking Dawn at the bookstore during lunch today.

AND as you can see from the counter below, I am also anxiously looking forward to New Moon in Theaters, later this year.




*** UPDATE ***


02/25/09 - Official Movie Logo & Release Date Announced!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like I said elsewhere, these books should come with a warning. LOL. Like them myself but haven't seen the movie yet.